Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The NFL is back; unexpected company!

09/02/2013
Monday - Drove up HWY 395 on the way back from Southern Cal.  I saw countless places where I wanted to run and explore, but I did not.  I simply drove, until I got to Lone Pine, where I ate and went to the bathroom; then again until South Lake Tahoe, where I ate and went to the bathroom again.


09/03/2013
Tuesday - Speed work on the levee!  2 mile warm-up; 6 sets of (60 sec/90 sec/30 sec intervals, with 30 second recovery jogs); eight ~100 meter sprints, with 100 meter recovery jogs; cool-down run.  ~7.5 miles total.  FUN


09/04/2013
Wednesday - 4.3 mile run with Lucy.


09/05/2013
Thursday - 1 mile warm-up; 6 x ~300 meter hill repeats; 1 mile cool-down.  4.5 miles total


09/06/2013
Friday - Sunsplash day at work!  BOO FREAKING YAH!  Free, unlimited, all-you-can-slide waterslide day from ~4 pm to 8 pm.  AKA ~50 x 400 meter waterslide repeats


09/07/2013
Saturday - 7 mile run on a 100 degree day, hot!


09/08/2013
Sunday -  I parked at the Willow Creek SRA lot for a solo 14 mile run.  I decided to pack light, since I was beating the forecast 102 degree heat, carrying only one gel and no water (I knew I would encounter fountains at the ~3rd and ~8th mile of my run).  About 100 yards into my run, I saw my brother-in-law, Rob, running towards me.  He was finishing up his long run.  I turned around and ran with him for a couple of miles until we got to his car and then continued around Lake Natoma.  When I arrived at Negro Bar, a little more than halfway through my run, I gulped down some water, ate my gel, looked up and saw my friend Crystal, who was 13 miles into her 20 mile run.  Crystal and I chatted and ran together for 6-7 miles and then enjoyed a dip in the chilly waters of Lake Natoma.  Sure was a nice surprise to bump into some friends to help pass the time during my run, I barely had time to listen to The Dead by James Joyce!  14.5 miles

* oh yeah, some water and maybe a few calories would've come in handy from mile ~11 on...

I got home, cleaned up, re-fueled, and headed over to a friends house to enjoy the San Francisco 49ers game!

Weekly Totals: 37.7 miles; +1,798 ft.

I didn't really tear it up with the camera this week, but I feel obligated.  Here's a really green smoothie: chocolate almond milk, orange juice, Chocolate Vega Performance Protein, spirulina, ginger, cayenne pepper, tumeric.  I drank 3 pints of it.



No comments: